Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ask Yourself...Will You Look Back At This And Laugh?

Here is my best shot at Day 2 of the 31 Daily Blog Challenge...

Today my Daughter taught me an important lesson.  I have mentioned it before that she is one of my greatest teachers.  Today her lesson was one that came with perfect timing.

My Mom had asked me to please come to the farm and give her a hand for a couple of days.  Of course I would go ahead and do that.  Why wouldn't I...she is my Mom after all.

As I was making the drive I was listening to an audio book that corresponds with a training course I am doing.  I was driving along thinking...we have now entered the second half of 2013.  What is it that I need to do to keep me on track for achieving my goals this year?  Am I taking things seriously enough?  Am I being diligent?  Am I doing what I need to be doing every day to grow my businesses?  Am I leading my life?  Or just surviving? Am I helping and serving others?  And am I taking time and making time for Joy in my life?

The further along I drove the longer my to do list was becoming.  My summer bucket list was growing and I was beginning to wonder when I would have enough time to fit everything in.  I didn't have too much time to wonder as we had arrived in Bonnyville.

We met my Mom for lunch at a local cafe.  Just after our meal had arrived my Daughter decided she needed to visit the powder room.  Since she is three years old...I have to go with her.  As I was washing my hands Delaney took the time to tuck the back of my dress into my underwear.  I must not have been present in the moment because I never noticed.  Never noticed that is until I was halfway across the cafe headed back to my seat.  A mortified server mentioned this fact to me.

I was provided with a choice...a) run out the back door and hope that my Mom figured it out and met me at the car or b) laugh about it.

I chose to laugh about it.  As did quite a few others.  So the next time you are in an awkward/embarrassing/mortifying moment...Ask yourself...will I be able to look back at this situation and laugh about it?  If the answer is YES don't waste the time...laugh right then and there.  You will find you feel so much better about things in that very instant.  No need to carry that embarrassment, shame, worry or anger around for a year or so.  Just let it go.  (And blog about it later).

My lessons of the day:
1) Don't take yourself too seriously
2) Take time to laugh (and make others laugh as well)
3) Always make sure your ass is covered

I wish you a day just as beautiful as you are.

Lead Life Joyfully.

Much Love,
Lisa
www.DreamItAchieveIt.ca



Please note:  This is an internet image as I chose to save you from having to witness a dress in undies reenactment involving my own arse.  You are welcome.




6 comments:

  1. What a great attitude! I love the idea of if you know you will laugh at it later (which, let's face it, we usually do) why not just embrace it and seize the moment! Also, what an amazing lesson your daughter learned about self-confidence. Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your comment made my day.

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious! Children really are wonderful teachers, even when the lesson is to cover our asses. :) My child was quick to point out, "Mom, you really need to put some pants on." as I went in to the kitchen to grab my coffee cup the other morning.
    Humor is a good quality to have, it makes life less stressful, and so much more fun and engaging. The best way to embrace the moment, by far.
    Appreciate the words of advice, and I'll be sure to be checking my skirt leaving the bathroom from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. Each comment a post receives makes me giddy. Im heading to your website to have a look around :-D

      Delete
  3. And since it is a small town, them talking about me saves someone else from being talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of reframing my perspective on things rather than choosing to suffer in them but I LOVE the reminder that the perspective switch doesn't require deep contemplation, force of will or stoic spirituality. Laughter is my all time favorite spiritual tool. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete